At this point in my exploration of the Thoth, I am not getting bogged down with the heavy esoteric symbolism. Currently, I am trying to be approach them intuitively - just opening myself to what I see and how it makes me feel. From the perspective of a Fool's Journey, anyway.
If The Fool is an empty vessel and The Magus is knowledge, then The Priestess is awareness. Awareness of not just that which is front of your eyes, but of Mystery (purposely with the capital M!).
In my personal experience, this would be like when I first read the Dhammapada. I sat down and read it one day, and when I was done, everything I experienced was illuminated. The trees were greener, the sky bluer. It was amazing. The veil that was in front of my eyes was lifted for awhile. I have had this experience several times. But, it seems the veil falls again, leaving me with the memories of the experience of heightened awareness.
The Priestess is that moment of awareness - the promise that there is more to see, to perceive, to experience at a higher level than just the five senses.

No comments:
Post a Comment