Sunday, April 4, 2010

SparkTarot Daily Catch Up


I post daily cards concerning health & wellness at SparkPeople, where I am a member of the Spark Team: SparkTarot.  I will be trying to do a daily draw here (a general one) and this one two - so a Daily Double!!

04/04/2010   Thoth - Prince of Cups 

Huh - so I know better, but I let my feelings take control? Yeah, I would say that happens a great deal. Mindlessly doing something (like eating) is just that - MINDLESS. Without thought. Emotionally driven. 

Today, I tried to be more thoughtful about choices. Perhaps this is the aspect which requires the balance that has been touched upon - balance between thought and emotion. Even when I am stuffing something in my mouth, my mind is screaming, "Stop!!" But the choice is made to ignore the screaming. I feel powerless against myself sometimes, as if my ability to make intelligent choices is held captive by a 2 year old who is tired of having to always dress up and play nice! I push myself so hard all the time and this seems to be the one thing (eating) that I relinquish control to that 2 year old. 

I wonder what scab the Thoth will pick at tomorrow?

04/03/2010   Thoth - XIV ART 

Repeat from the last daily draw (I missed a day or two). 

The first thing that came to mind was that if it is said often enough, do you think I'll listen?? 

Definitely need some work in this area. I am out of sorts and trying to return to some semblance of balance.

04/01/2010  Thoth - XIV Art 

All things in moderation. You think? Should of thought of that during the mindless nibble fest this afternoon. We get what we need, in the amounts we need it. 

At this point, the card is showing me that I need to focus on balance in my life. Part of what ails me (health wise) is that I get very focused on one thing to the exclusion of all else. It is nothing for me to become so focused on a school thing that I am closed off to the rest of the world for hours - forsaking food, beverage, and human contact. I then get overly hungry (and thirsty). I also get very tired. And sometimes frustrated. Combined, it is a recipe for disaster. Stress and eating too much - sometimes mindlessly. 

03/31/2010  Thoth - XX The Aeon (Judgement) 

All the Thoth esoteric meanings aside, when I saw this card just now, the first thing I noticed was the shadow figure in the forefront - gender is not important - but what I saw was a chubby figure hiding what was behind it. Overpowering the greatness that lies within. 

On the heels of yesterday's Hierophant and what it meant to me yesterday, this card really drives home the fact that my major issue is that of body image. I can't stand to be photographed. I find my image to be repulsive - though looking in the mirror, it isn't as serious an issue. But a photograph? It is a serious issue. 

Awareness is a step in the right direction. As was the visit to the gym today!
31/2010

03/30/2010  Tarot of the Secret Forest ~ 10 of coins. 

Fitting card for the day. I went to work, it went well. I worked out, it was fun. I made a tremendous breakthrough on my design project. All in all I feel good and confident for the first time in a couple of weeks. This card is one of my favorites from this deck - it is like a classic tapestry, with a richness in warmth that makes the day look better.

03/29/2010  Tarot of the Secret Forest ~ 10 of coins. 

Fitting card for the day. I went to work, it went well. I worked out, it was fun. I made a tremendous breakthrough on my design project. All in all I feel good and confident for the first time in a couple of weeks. This card is one of my favorites from this deck - it is like a classic tapestry, with a richness in warmth that makes the day look better.



03/28/2010  Waking the Wild Spirit - 17 Source "Connection" 

I have been working out and feeling good, but this card is a bit of a reminder that we are who we are - at the start of the journey, during, and at the end. What we look like is not relevant to the journey. 

This comes as I look at the different people circling the pregnant star, there is youth, age, disability, there are shadows of each person and in those shadows, they are all the same




No comments:

Post a Comment