Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daily Draw: The Lovers

Today, as the rain pours down and the very sky threatens to crush my with its oppressive darkness, I asked the Thoth what I needed to keep in mind for today.

The Lovers.  At first, huh?  But looking at this more closely, I see the coming together of opposites.  Of being "okay" with things.  This is an honesty card - because bringing together opposites is not going to work unless there is full disclosure! :)

But really, given my state of mind, this card reminds me that there are ups and downs.  That sometimes it rains, and sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes you get the subject matter and sometimes you don't.

What it doesn't mean is that either extreme is the final answer.  Because I don't get it today, doesn't mean I won't get it tomorrow.  Of course, for some things, time is a factor, but in the general scheme of things, this card is a good reminder to not hang all your hopes (or fears) on a single hook.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is spot on, the part about this being an honesty card! I also think, that not everything will always be perfect in 'Loveland' and even The Lovers will be riding that 'Wheel of Fortune.' And again, you hit the nail right on the head with that reminder to 'not hang all your hopes (or fears) on a single hook.' Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good take on the Lovers. Throw choice into the mix and the final answer is always mutable. "Is that your final answer?" lol-couretsy of the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" show!

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete