Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 9 - 15, 2011 ~ Tarot of Prague

Tarot of Prague, 2nd Edition
Karen Mahoney, Alex Ukolov
Magic Realist Press

This deck came to me from a kind-hearted friend who is also a member of the Aeclectic Tarot community.  It was a selfless act of generosity that means a great deal to me.  It is hope infused into 79 tarot cards depicting images from the most magical city on Earth.

The cardstock is typical for MRP.  It is sturdy and flexible.  The cards are a nice size - even if they seem large.  They found the perfect size for tarot cards and they have stuck with it.  This deck was slightly used, but still in excellent condition.  It shuffles like a dream and just has the "aaahhh" feeling that an MRP deck gets after use.

As a reading deck it is intensely personal.  I used it ONCE for a reading for another person and it was all wrong.  It focused on ME instead of the sitter.  I scrapped the reading and got a different deck.  It is amazing the way this deck is so incredibly focused on ME.  Almost scary.  I don't

have the book and have no clue about any of the images on the cards.  It is okay as it reads well.  It would be very nice to have the book as their books are always so informative about the subject matter.

When I feel like life couldn't get any worse, I turn to this deck for advice.  It seems to know what to say and it always leaves me feeling a little less frightened about the future and a little more able to deal with what may come.  I think that is because of the intent with which it was give and from the strong and loving woman who gave it to me.

Rating: Favorite / Collectible

No comments:

Post a Comment