Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 1 - 7, 2011 ~ Rider-Waite Tarot

(c) US Games
Rider Waite Tarot
(c) US Games

I received this deck as a gift from a member at Aeclectic Tarot. I have never had a Rider-Waite Tarot deck - which is odd really. My first deck was a Grimaud Tarot de Marseilles. My second deck was the Mythic Tarot.

The deck arrived from Australia - no box, no LWB.   It is just a regular old Rider-Waite w/ the plaid backs.  It currently resides in a little fabric sleeve.

The deck is not as horrid as I thought it would be, and it definitely deserves a bit of respect. There is a great deal of symbolism that I find difficult to understand.   But there is no shortage of resources for looking things up and the Pictorial Key to the Tarot is available for free viewing on the Internet.


One thing I have noticed is that it works great for "quick and dirty" interpretations.  It is easy to keep the interpretation down to one or two sentences for a 3 card draw.  Even though I have not spent countless hours studying this particular deck, I have spent countless hours studying decks based on the structure.


Rating:  Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment