Friday, June 3, 2011

May 28 – June 3 ~ Druid Animal Oracle

Druid Animal Oracle
Philip & Stephanie Carr-Gomm, Wil Worthington
Connections Book Publishing, 2005

I received this deck this year from A. Nonny Mouse.  The kindness and support of another person at that point in my life was truly appreciated and will not be forgotten.

The cards are nice and large - and if I hadn't trimmed off the edges of my DruidCraft, I could mix them all together!  The card stock is fine for the size of the cards.  A stiff card stock with a deck that size can be problematic for my small hands.  The colors are nice and the booklet is quite thorough.  I am sure the book provides greater detail, but I found the booklet to be descriptive and useful.

The artwork is superb - as to be expected from Wil Worthington.   The cards are large enough to all the detail to be seen without squinting and to allow entering into the scenes.  There are four dragon cards - a dragon for each element.  All in all there, are 33 cards in the deck, each depicting a bird, animal, or reptile that has significance within the OBOD flavor of Druidry and Celtic Lore. 

This is another one of those decks that is "special" because it fits with my world view.   I will likely not use it often as an oracle deck, but as meditation starting points, the cards are invaluable.   I had difficulty with readings during its week because I just don't see them as an oracle but rather as a tool for something else.  I hope to get another DruidCraft (the deck only from same publisher) as well as the Druid Plant Oracle.  Together, these will make a very useful tool for me.


Rating: Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment