Bohemian Gothic, 2nd EditionKaren Mahony, Alex Ukulov
Magic Realist Press, 2010
Another "repeat," as I visited the 1st Edition back in October of 2011.
See, just like the Tarot of Prague, I kept passing on buying this deck. It looked nice and all, but ... Well, when Karen posted before/after pictures on the Baba Prague Facebook page, I was seriously hooked. I prefer the 2nd Edition, though the 1st is lovely. I liked the way the images were brought in closer and some of the extraneous backgrounds eliminated. Another aspect that I liked was the brightening of some of the cards. The card stock was amazing and the clam shell box was perfect. I pre-ordered from Amazon and got my deck quickly. I also have the Pewter version - a beautiful copy with no blemishes. It is just so shiny and pretty!Working with this deck is pleasurable. It feels nice in the hand and offers highly detailed scenes for exploration. Each card encompasses both positive and challenging aspects of the "traditional" meanings. One of the most intriguing cards is the Sun. While creepy, it still brings that positive knowledge that the sun will rise and thing will become clear. Or the challenging knowledge that the sun rise will bring an end to this fascinating tale of Gothic vampires and monsters. Either way, good or bad, the sun is going to rise and everything will change.
No comments:
Post a Comment