Medieval Cat TarotLaurence Teng, Gina Pace
US Games, 2004
I purchased this deck from a member at the Aeclectic Tarot Forum (link at the bottom of every page), in 2005. This was the first time I have used it. Precisely the reason for having a "Deck of the Week" exercise!
For the most part, I enjoyed working with this deck this week. However, as the week went on, I got the feeling that this deck would never be on my list of favorites. It is nice for the occasional reading, but not for all the time. The images are so tiny - the decorative border and backgrounds gets almost too distracting from the rest of the card. The little image in the center of the card tended to be cute and the cats have great expression. But they are just so tiny!The card stock is typical for the time and publisher. Heavily laminated, reeking of chemicals, and slick. Plus the cards stick together. The near monotone of the colors gets a bit much after awhile. A little white space would be nice.
But overall, the artwork is well done, the kitties are cute and full of expression, and I like the tarot de Marseille representation with the little graphic in the middle.
No comments:
Post a Comment