I started feeling quite poorly over the summer. Breathing issues were getting serious and a host of other issues were cropping up. I went to the doctor who put me on a course of Prednisone, did fasting blood work (it had been a LONG time since the last time), and referred me to a very good immunologist. Finally, I was able to get to the asthma and allergy specialist. What a visit! I found out I am very allergic to cats and have allergies to dogs, dust mites, walnut trees, and ash trees. I was lectured thoroughly by the doctor about what steps I had to take, etc. etc.
That long and painful visit to the immunologist was also on the day after I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. You see, there were some issues in all that blood work. At first the doctor blamed it on the Prednisone, but retesting 2 weeks after ceasing, the issues were still there.
On top of everything, work was getting very heavy. So much to do! And so little time. Work is still like that.
But I am happy to report that after just 2 1/2 months, I have lost 25 lbs, gained control of my blood sugars (fasting levels have been in "normal person" range for several weeks). I feel better.
During all this time, my desire to work with tarot just went out the door. There was just too much going on. Oh, I tried. And I will admit that the decks in early August really did not get the attention they deserved. But starting in October, I felt the urge to work with my decks. I started with my favorites - my Magic Realist Press collection. I used a different deck each day. Then I moved on to the Mystical Lenormand. Determined to get it figured out ONCE AND FOR ALL. Well, I finally had my Lenormand Epiphany (thanks to Donnaleigh). I love the deck and am so happy to be using it.
I am not going to try and add in the reviews that are not posted. I have them in my data base, but I don't think I will put them out there.
So, life goes on after a brief hiccup.
Glad that you are feeling better :]
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was so strange to not want to work with the cards! I would look at my deck shelf and think that maybe I could just work with my oldest most familiar deck, but no. I just couldn't face it for some reason.
Delete