Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Daily Double: The Hanged Man and Oppression

The lesson for the day is "The Hanged Man."  This card is actually quite relaxing to look at - more so than that of most decks.  I don't see urgency in this card, nor do I see doom & gloom.  What I do see is a period of forced (nails) meditation.  Naked and devoid of expression the person has his hands nailed to disks - palm open and spread in a receiving fashion.

And how does that relate?  Last nite, I visited a site and found a spread called "The Blind Spot."  It basically gives you something to think about.  And boy, did it give me something to think about.  I will post it, but not at this time.  I am still working it out.  But since last nite, I have been mindful of situations and how I react AND how I must appear to others.  I saw that there are many things I do that are in dire need of remedy.  The Hanged Man reflects how I felt today - awareness without action.  Gathering information from a new perspective in order to decide how best to proceed.

Health & Fitness Card
10 of Wands - Oppression.  Well, I will tell you that I feel oppressed today.  I feel as if I am carrying a heavy burden.  It is called menstruation.  And for me, it is not a pleasant experience.  It is painful and affects my daily activities negatively.  How can something that is so natural and necessary be so painful and debilitating?  I am grateful for heating pads and ibuprofen.  I still hope to work out tomorrow as that is part of my breaking beyond the normal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment