Thursday, May 6, 2010

IV: The Emperor - Keeper of Order

RED!!  YELLOW!!!

Danger! Fire! War! Order!

I am not much into "keywords," but these were the first words I thought of when I studied this card.  It is very structured with frivolity of spirit obviously in tight control.  Each line is drawn with precision, as if the fate of the world depended on it.  His face is without love, and full of judgment.

Hmmm...who does he remind me of?? My father? No.  That guy was too much without order.  An alcoholic musician type.  Not really the "Emperor" type at all.  My ex?  No.  He was cruel.  The Emperor is not cruel.  He is precise.  My current husband? Give me a break.  He is a Pisces through and through.

Well, that does it for male figures in my life.  But wait! The cards are not gender specific.  Perhaps maybe, just maybe, the person of whom I am reminded is...myself.

"No way!" "Not possible."  I really said that to myself.  Several times.  But wait, lets be honest for a moment.  I have been called cold, rigid, unyielding.  I have been called fair, just, and rule-oriented. And compassionate, caring, and warm.  Well what is it?

It is me, though.  Why? Because the rigidity is the glue that holds me together.  Being cold is not cold, it is realistic.  I can be compassionate, but I am also realistic.  Fair? Yes, I am.  I try to look at both sides of an issue.  Balance is important.  Like the Rams and the Lamb.  These are the same things - but different perspectives.  They both have value, but neither must be allowed to rule  unhindered.  One thing that bothers me about this card, is that there are more Rams than Lambs.  To me, this shows that more emphasis is placed on Might and that what is perceived as weakness is being de-emphasized.  Sometimes, I *do* tend to be more "ordered" than necessary.  I have a problem with spontaneity, it disrupts the order! The search for Balance continues.

But, there it is.  Thus far, I have journeyed from pure innocence to being a keeper of Order. What has been learned as Magus, Priestess, and Empress becomes ordered.  The maternal meets the paternal.  From Chaos comes Order.  There is so much more to learn.  Order isn't everything - the Lamb can't just be  hidden away as if it doesn't exist! It is part of the Whole.  Perhaps, as I travel along, I will learn to find that balance.  

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Patterns in the chaos! I love your post. I, too, identify, somewhat reluctantly, with The Emperor. The reluctance disappeared when I met him in my own deck.

    ReplyDelete