I like to start the week off with a "New Deck Interview," basically asking the cards what it wants / needs to teach me, what I need to learn, and what sort of relationship we may have in the future. I started off the week approaching this deck with the thought that it would be like every other RWS clone. Yeah, right. First, it is a deck comprised completely of FOOLS. That should have been a big red flag! You'd think, huh?
I like to then end the week asking the deck if it has any parting words. Nothing particular, no spread, just random input from a deck of cards. That sounds quite mad, by the way. Asking a stack of laminated card board if it has any parting words. But mad as it seems, it does work.
FOUR OF COINS
At the start of the week, this card was "what the deck wants to teach me." I came up with the interpretation that this deck would want to teach me to invest more time (a resource like coins) into studying the tarot. Sounds good. *buzz!* That was before spending a week with the deck of fools. This is a deck about having fun, about making comments about serious issues with a hint of humor. So, getting a repeat in the deck interview and final words spreads usually makes me reconsider the original interpretation.
This time, I see it as the Fool (the deck) had something really big to sell, but I (the miser), wasn't willing to really put any effort into it. Where I originally saw "Study," I now see as just relaxing and going with the flow.
FIVE OF STAVES
This immediately brought to mind an incident from last Sunday. I am so ashamed of my own behaviour that I won't share the details. Suffice it to say, like the businessman with the stave, I have the capability to succumb to intense situations. Unlike the business, I chose to raise the wand and to meet the negative intensity I received with my own. There is always a choice. These are Fools, for goodness sake, they are not going to make good choices. But a respectable member of society? They will make a better choice.

EIGHT OF CUPS
To me, this card shows how the week progressed. It was full of emotion, of action and reaction. I create my responses on the hearth of my experience. Sometimes, I make poor choices. If I can catch them earlier enough, I can set those on a shelf. Sometimes, the choices need more time to stew, so those remain close by to see if greater experience and knowledge will temper the response. I get a nice feeling looking at this card. As if whatever went wrong earlier in the week, in the end, it all worked out. I have taken off my Fool's cap and am going to enjoy the results of making better choices.

The Fools are in my top 20 list, do they make yours?
ReplyDeleteSharyn
Sharyn, If not in the Top 20, very close to it. It is a remarkable deck. One of several that deserves a much closer look.
ReplyDelete