Bright Idea Deck
I purchased this during the most recent Reverse Auction at the Tarot Garden. It looked interesting and frankly, after the dismal time I'd been having, I really wanted a deck that was geared towards empowerment and problem solving without all the "other stuff." Just plain talk and primary colors.
The card stock is pretty decent - pliable and easy to shuffle. If the deck was just a bit smaller, I'd really like it! The problem with small hands is that most tarot decks are quite awkward to handle. The colors as mentioned before are very simple. The art work is simple as well. Not bad, just simple. Soothing to the eye after last week! The deck and accompanying book are over packaged. A huge box with lots of room for the deck to bash about. I hate those monster sized boxes. It needed a LWB and a tuck box. The book was useless to me as it is aimed more towards personnel building exercises.
The word "tarot" doesn't seem to be used at all in the documentation with this deck. That's fine - it is still a tarot deck and the RWS structure is there - albeit hidden under the guise of a business and team building tool. The suits are colors (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow) and the courts are Action Words (Doing, Learning, etc.). The names of most of the Majors have been changed as well, such as "Capability" for "Magus."
You know what, though? It works. My daily draws were about confidence building and controlling emotions. What a change after a few weeks of being slapped around by Tarot. This isn't going to be a regularly used deck by no means, but it also isn't going to be hidden on the shelf and ignored. It has its place and is a useful tool.
Rating: Keeper
No comments:
Post a Comment