Friday, November 16, 2012

Tarot of Prague - Revisited - Again

November 3 - 16, 2012
Tarot of Prague, 2nd Edition
MRP

I have  eight decks left that need to be go through the "Deck of the Week" process, but they just don't enthuse me.  Sad, huh?

So I reached for the Tarot of Prague.   This is a true "comfort" deck.  I am constantly amazed at how easy it is to read.  Seriously, it shouldn't be.  It is a bunch of pictures of architecture and statuary from a city in Europe where I have never been.  And yet, it is always so clear in its messages.

Like all of my MRP decks, this one is read with a decidedly Golden Dawn / Thoth flavor.  I think this is one of the selling features of their decks for me - I am not forced into a RWS mind set.  One of the projects I have in mind is to go through the Bohemian Gothic (1st) as a study of finding the Thothiness within it.  I find it all the time, but I wanted to do a real study.  With notes.  And possibly pictures and diagrams.

I do need to overcome my current sloth though.

But until then, I will shuffle that dreamy feeling Tarot of Prague and dream about a city in Europe where I have never been.

No comments:

Post a Comment