Gee. Another major. Two of them.
The lesson for the day was The Devil. This is one of those cards that I like to see. To me, it means I am making progress. Sometimes it is a reminder to get back on track. Confronting those things that have kept me fettered in fear and loathing. Breaking out and being free. Refusing to submit any longer to the control of others. I spent a great deal of time with The Devil card when I first broke free of an abusive relationship. It was during that meditation with that card where I decided that I wasn't going to be a victim. Even considering the use of the term meant that the situation still affected me. I don't even like the term "survivor." Too many strings attached.
Once again, I was working on some OBOD stuff (dealing with inner child, etc. ) and I spent some time reviewing the point in my life where I had decided that the negativity I experienced as a child was due to some deformity of THEIR lives, not mine. I was lucky, only about half of the people I dealt with (parents, siblings, other relatives, other people) were cruel. The other half were quite loving. How could it be, then, that there was something wrong with me when it was only half the people were assholes?
I guess we all view The Devil differently. I don't have a Christian background, so maybe that is part of the reason? In my perspective, The Devil is illumination - illumination of the dark corners of your life, chasing away the memories of fear and wrong-doing. It is that which takes what society may demand we hide and suppress and brings it out in the open and says, "NO!"
Health & Fitness
Not wanting to be left out, the Fortune Card decided to make an appearance. The Devil and Fortune. What a combo. Health and Fitness is part of Wellness. And Wellness is more related to the whole of one's being. I take these two together today gladly. The Devil lights the darkness and Fortune reminds me that the past is past, the present is the present, and the future is the future. The past affects the present and the future, but does not control it. The future is going to happen, but it is not just a continuation of the past. It is like The Devil throws the switch and turns on the light, but Fortune makes sure the bulb doesn't go out.
Chiska, I love that last phrase!
ReplyDelete:) Leigh
Thank you for this post. I'm still trying to get to the place where I can believe the things which were done to me as a little girl were because of something "in" them that was dark and broken and not because of anything I was or had done. I don't like the terms survivor or victim either. We need to find a better word to describe ourselves...Personally, I'd like to see myself in a light which does not include those traumatic events, something that reflects who I am on my own without regards to the past.
ReplyDeleteThank you again.
Blessings and Light,
Trenda
http://tarotmama.net