Sunday, October 30, 2016

Easing into Moving Forward

It has been years(!) since I have updated this blog.   I have deleted the original account, but did transfer the blog to my new account.  It is a serious bummer as I have had that gmail account since the 90s.  :(

Sadly, the photos of the decks are gone.  I will see what I can do to rebuild them, but until then, you are stuck with a boring blog with no images.

I am trying to move forward in my life.  I have become mired in situations and have lost track of who I am and what I mean.

Six of Cups
Mythic Tarot

As I ease myself back into the groove, I returned to my old favorite Mythic Tarot.  I bought this deck in the early 1990s at a shop called the Open Door in Spokane, WA.  I had recently separated from a very nasty boyfriend and was living in fear for my life.

When I look at this card, I see regret.  And it is true, I have been mourning a number of things that I have lost over the years.   However, one thing I do notice is that the cups aren't tipped over.  The contents are spilled.  They may be refilled.  There is always hope and there is always the chance that the empty cup can be filled with something new and different.  Life changes, people move on, people move in, attitudes shift.  But it is never the end of all.  It is just an opportunity to take a moment of reflection before starting over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment